Thursday, November 04, 2010

30 Days of Greatfulness, Day 3

I've procrastinated all day since my day didn't quite go as planned. But, after reading this quote,

“ The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life’s plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life.” -Robert Louis Stevenson ”

it seemed silly to not be thankful for the small things, even if they weren't what I had expected or how I had planned. So, no more procrastinating (or pouting, which is what I was basically doing. lol)

I'm grateful for a daughter who helps me completely dismantle her room. Even when she looks at me like I'm crazy.
I'm grateful that that said daughter is thrilled to pieces with the new layout of her room. Even though I was not.
I'm grateful for my 27 week baby bump. Even when it makes moving furniture difficult.
I'm grateful that I just happened to have a home-made dinner frozen in the freezer so all I had to do was pop it in the oven.
I'm grateful for new inspiration and fun new blogs to read.
I'm grateful for the 5 uninterrupted hours of sleep that Sadie-Rose gave me by sleeping with her sister instead of daddy and I. Even though I missed her something fierce and was ever so glad (and grateful) to snuggle her when she crawled in bed with us at 4am.








No comments:

 
Real Time Web Analytics