Tuesday, August 24, 2010

quiet



It's been a little quiet over here of late. Wish a had a wonderful great excuse, but I don't. Other than we've been dealing with some not-so-fun stuff. Our summer hasn't quite turned out the way I had planned due to a lack of vehicles and funds. Oh well, right? There have been some very good parts but also a bit of sadness as well. Reading through some bloggy friends wonderful summer posts (like her's, her's, her's, and her's) I realized a. I haven't taken many pictures in the last 4 months and b. our summer days of late have looked mostly like this =




















Not exactly post worthy or inspiring, huh?
Maybe I should follow Andi's example and make a family end-of-summer to-do list for these next few weeks. Maybe I should muster up some spare energy from somewhere and make a few more memories with the family. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.


PS. Please excuse my blue funk and self-pity party. Chock it up to mid-pregnancy hormones. Tomorrow will be a better day!




9 comments:

Olivia said...

Our summer has been pretty simple and non-eventful too. No grand travels, lots of just hanging around. I spent all of june and july in the joys of first trimester sickness--- ALL THE TIME.

But, there will be more summers full of wonderful adventures and such.

Hope you have a good day.

Leslie said...

want to hug you
come by with sunflowers
and yummy goodies
and bring summer to you


I think I had a very similar post pregnant with Cade....

Its hard chicka.. and I wasn't having #3..

not every season of us gets to celebrate every season... sometimes we just deal with life.

Cottage Mommy said...

Aaahh...looks familiar. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. I think I was in survival mode the first trimester of my pregnancies...especially the second and third. Your kids were fed and dressed, right? You did just fine...:)

Andi Mae said...

Oh, sweet friend! I am with Leslie- totally want to come over right now + bring some summer TO you! But we definitely all have days + months like that- hence my sporadic posting... :) Praying that you start getting some energy back soon! Bu please don't be too hard on yourself- you're super busy growing a person! :)
Love you!
xo

swell.life said...

Can I pop by too--with munchies and flowers? I love these honest pics...Honestly, our house is still looking pretty similar. You're still so beautiful. I'm praying you guys will find time and energy to still get out and enjoy a slice of summertime.

Jacy said...

I wish I lived closer sweet girl, I would totally come and try and help you get through the ickies of the first trimester...I found it a huge blessing when friends and family came and lended a helping hand for me, since I was so sick I coudln't hardly leave the bed with each pregnancy. Wish I could come over and bring cookies and tea and play with the girlies and oh would my boys love that!
thinking of you and praying for you and hoping that summer pours in and lifts your spirits all around!
love you so!!

kt said...

And if we lived closer I too would be over with all the others too - cheering you up, chatting, drinking tea and home made goodies, praying ... not sure that would help with the piles of laundry and mess though hehe (well you know we'd be helpful too :)

Life's kinda like that at the moment here too.. hence no blogging. It's up and down, exciting and terrifying so many big new things and unknowns - just like you guys. Praying for your SUPER breakthrough soon!

and ummm I miss you!
xxx

ps. I have a job interview tomorrow - I'll fill you in later ;)

Amanda said...

oh fairlight...you kind of make me smile in this. because i am SOOOO with you. so, so, so with you. we are surviving (barely it seems some days)...and treading water. my beds are perpetually unmade...i am lucky to get dinner on the table...my children are watching far too many videos...ugh! love you fairlight...so much!

Nikki said...

I'm just glad to hear from your corner of the world wide web, Mrs. Fairlight. :-)

 
Real Time Web Analytics